Caring for others

 


Met you as a stranger
took you as a friend
Hope we meet in Heaven
where friendship never ends


Some time ago, while I was scrolling through my timeline, a post caught my attention. The post caught my attention because someone wanted to share his sadness about his niece being hospitalized with bronchitis pneumonia. At that time I commented on the post. I encouraged him not to be sad and prayed that his niece would get well soon.

 But it's just that somehow that post keep circling on my mind. As is my habit, I checked the person's bio, saw other posts he had made. I want to get to know him through his posts. After a while, I decided to Dm that person.

I think actually the strongest reason why I wanted to get his DMs was because I know how sad it is to know someone we care about is in the hospital with bronchitis pneumonia.

My daughter when she was a baby also experienced the same thing. Maybe that's the reason why I ended up DMing him.

At first I thought maybe he wouldn't read my message because then he would be busy in the hospital. But even though it took that guy a long time to respond to my messages, he did reply in the end. The first thing I asked was about his niece's condition. I don't know why, but I feel worried and concerned about that Lil Princess.

That Lil Princess was 37 days old and admitted to the ICU due to bronchitis pneumonia. He even shared her photo. Lil Princess is really beautiful and adorable. Saw her using an oxygen tube in her nose. My heart hurts. I remember when my daughter went through the same thing. I was really saddened to see that.

For a week I kept asking about the Lil Princess condition. Even though it took a long time for him to reply to my message but I can understand that. As long as Lil Princess was in the hospital, that guy was always there faithfully looking after her.

When the doctor declared that she was healthy and could be discharged from the hospital, I was really happy to hear the news from him.

That guy asked me why I care so much about his niece. Why am I so worried about a stranger that I don't even know well?

To this day I have never given him a clear answer. I always change the subject whenever he brings it up. I never wanted him to know that I had also been in the same situation as he was. The only difference is that Lil Princess is his niece while me, I know how painful it is when my daughter goes through the same thing. My own flesh blood.

I've known Lil Princess and that guy for only a week. When she was discharged from the hospital, I asked to that guy, did he trust me?

It took him a while to answer my question. But in the end he said, his intuition telling me he trusted me.

To this day we are good friends and we often talk about her niece. He once told me that he never expected that he would cross paths with someone who cares about others while in this world everyone is busy with their own business and I chose to reach out to him to ask the condition of his niece who I myself never knew well.

He told me he had no friends and it was such a relief for him when he was sad and lonely and then suddenly someone cared about him and asked how he was doing. It may be a small thing but sometimes for someone, that kind of thing can mean something to them.

I always believed that God had written in my story with whom I would cross paths. Whatever the ending. God has a reason why he wants me to go through all that. It could be possible for me to help others, it could be for that person to learn something from me or maybe it could be for me to learn something from that person.

Life is strange but one thing is for sure everything that happens in our life is a life experience that we have to go through for our story.

 

P.S: I am attaching this photo to remind myself of our first meeting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anger Management

Helping Others

Friendship. Necessary or not ?