Decision-making



Have you ever hesitated to make a decision?

 

Everyone will often have doubts if they make a decision whether it's to decide something simple or maybe a difficult decision that will later be related to the changes that will occur in their lives. 

Let's just say, what you want to eat this lunch? or which one will we buy? a simple newfangled dress or a cute asymmetrical model? Which make-up brand will I buy later? will this job suit to me or not? Will this person compatible for me or not? Will my partner be able to understand me or not? Will I choose to accept his proposal or not? 

Those are some examples of decisions that we often have to make but sometimes can make us hesitate to decide. Let's say that if we decide on something easy, maybe the changes caused by our decision won't really affect us that much. But what if the decision we have to make is something that will bring drastic changes to our lives? 

A person's age, maturity, experience they have, their nature, and how they live their lives determine how they make decisions. Sometimes the younger they are, the way they make decisions is usually more rushed, not thinking carefully so that in the end the decisions they take may end in failure. 

Sometimes we often experience failure because of a decision that we did not think carefully and thoroughly which makes us regret the decision we made. I'm not going to talk about other people because I'm sure everyone has a different perspective and I respect other people's opinions. 

I try to introspect about the decisions I've made in the past and try to take lessons from all the failures I've had because of my mistakes in making decisions. I took several points that I could make valuable lessons for myself, such as: 

1. Never make decisions, especially when we are not in our right mind. Don't do it just because we are filled with anger or our emotions are at their maximum level. 

2. Don't be influenced by what other people think. Although maybe you will often ask other people's opinions, but make it a consideration to make you more careful with the decisions you will make. 

3. Try not to decide in a short time and if you have to decide in a short time, try to think about it carefully and thoroughly. Although it may take a little longer, but there's nothing wrong, right? So that we can minimize failures that can later be caused by the decisions we take. 

4. Try to think about it from various sides, try to predict the good or the bad if you make that decision. Who knows when you do that, you will actually find another way out that is much better than what you want to decide. 

5. Find a quiet place (if you can and feel the need to do so) , try to calm yourself down, sit there quietly and try to think realistically and logically about the decisions you will make. 

Often times we get stuck with ending up that we made the wrong decision. Then what if that really happened? 

If you feel that you have tried your best, give your best shot and put out all your efforts for it, I'm sure there will be disappointment but don't overdo it.  

"Never give up". Many often say that but sometimes it's hard to be able to do that, so am I. Sometimes I also hate hearing those words because for me it is not an easy thing for me to do while I am filled with disappointment and regret because I will definitely be busy blaming myself and pissed off because the decisions I took ended in failure. 

Learn to accept reality and admit that the decision I made was wrong and use it as a lesson for me not to repeat the same mistakes. 

Sometimes there are many things that will repeat itself not only once or twice, it's just that we are not aware that we will be faced with situations that may be similar to the situations we have faced. 

If it's the first time we've faced it and the failure occurs, don't beat yourself up too much or bury yourself too deep with the failure. There's nothing wrong with crying or contemplating that mistake, but try to get back to your senses quickly because life is not only for that day, there will still be tomorrow that we have to live and we never know how long our story will last. 

It could be that over time and getting older make us much more mature and much better at taking or making a decision and all the experiences and failures that have been there can help us to determine what is good for us in the future. 

Life is yours and this story is your story. Everyone has their own story so never give up and don't give up if you experience a failure. Think of it as a life lesson that you have to go through, think of it just as a bad day you have to go through and make it a warning to yourself to be more careful in making a decision. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anger Management

Helping Others

Friendship. Necessary or not ?