Experience on Platform

 

   
“Healing doesn’t mean the pain never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our lives”

This morning was enough to freak me out for the second time. When I open my twitter account, suddenly I can't log in. At first I just thought this was normal. They asked me to verify my phone number but when I did the verification code didn't appear in my message.

I tried several times but it still didn't work. I even uninstalled twitter on my phone and reinstalled it again but it still doesn't work. Because this morning was quite hectic with my daily tasks, I had to skip my twitter issue for a while.

When I had some free time, I thought back to that issue. I was curious and tried to send an email asking why I couldn't access my account. Why do I sound exaggerating? I've had an account on twitter since 2009 so it would be a shock to me if suddenly today I can't access my account. I don't want to lose this account. It would be a lie if this incident didn't make me anxious, panicked and shocked. This reminds me of what happened to me some time ago.

At that time I was active on a platform regarding questions and answers. There are already many users who often see my answer. At that time someone I know without me knowing reported my account so that my account was blocked without my knowledge. I found out when I wanted to access the platform.

I honestly don't know clearly the reason why that person could destroy my account and get my account banned. There are many reasons I can predict that would make that person feel hurt because of me.

It's also possible that my answer triggered that person's emotions so that that person would have the heart to do such a thing. When I found out my account was blocked, I reached out to the platform team for clarification. I explained the problem and although it took some time I finally managed to get my account back.

As long as I'm in online I try to never hurt anyone or do anything bad to anyone. It's just that that time maybe that person didn't want to see I was still on that platform so that person decided to do that so that my account no longer existed.

I'm also grateful that the Platform Team was fair on the issue. Of course I could actually just ignore all that by creating a new account. But that's not what I want. In that account I learned a lot, I have personal memories of that account and I also feel I have never done anything wrong or made anything that could flag my account or be blocked by a platform.

I'm grateful that twitter team responded to me quickly. They say that "We have systems that find and remove automated spam Twitter accounts, and it looks like yours was flagged as spam by mistake"

Because of that experience I learned a valuable lesson that someone who may not like you for whatever reason can destroy you in any way including destroying something you like. I could have confronted that person about the reason why that person hated me so much that he would do such a thing. But then I thought again why would I do such a thing? Is there any point in me doing that? After all, I have got my account back.

When today I found out that I can’t access my Twitter account. All the memories of that came back to me. The trauma of when I had to struggle to get my account back resurfaced in my mind.

I still remember how sad I was because they banned my account for a reason that I don't think makes any sense. I know it's not the platform's fault but just the stupidity of someone feeling triggered that I would do such a cruel thing.

There may be many people who frequently create alt accounts. I'm not that kind of person. If I have one account, then that's my only account, no alt accounts. So when I found out that my account was banned for some reason, to be honest I felt a little weird because I felt like I had never violated the rules set by a platform.


In the end, finally the issue was resolved properly and I was able to access my account again. Almost half of the day I feel anxious, panicked and stressed because of it. But I'm grateful that the Twitter team responded quickly and resolved my issue well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anger Management

Helping Others

Friendship. Necessary or not ?