Friendship. Necessary or not ?

 

Everyone has different traits, characters and habits. Since I was a child, I used to hang out and get acquainted with many people. Maybe this is because the genes passed on by my parents because they are also the type that is easy to get along with makes me also have the same characteristics as them.

Maybe also it's because since childhood I'm used to living moving from one place to another, making me have to learn quickly to get to know new places, make new friends and learn quickly to adapt myself to existing circumstances. Because all of that in the end made it easy for me to read other people's characteristics or traits. Maybe just by having a short conversation or reading their gestures, I can easily read whether they are happy, comfortable or uncomfortable talking to me or being near me.

It's not an easy thing to do all that. When I first meet someone, I usually pay attention to how their mood is when they talk to me. Usually from the way they talk to me it can be seen whether they are an extrovert or an introvert type. If they're extroverts like me then it's easy for us to find lots of topics to discuss and the conversations will be easy and long. But if that person is an introvert then I have to look for more topics so we can have a good discussion.

Based on my experience, I've found a lot that sometimes introverts can be really fun to talk to. It's just that they need time to adjust to themselves and if they have found comfort with us then by themselves they will open up and often they can be fun chatting friends.

There are also shy types but once they start to feel comfortable, they also turn out to be fun people to chat with.

What is certain is that out of all that I have learned one thing and I think that is the most important, which is not to make judgments and not to guess until we get to know them better. Sometimes first judgments can often be deceiving. It could be someone is good but it turns out over time, their true nature is not like that.

I also learned that friendship is needed. Even if you don't have many, only one or two people, it's more than enough if those people are sincere and friends with you unconditionally.

Someone once told me that in life there are good days, bad days and normal days. If we share happiness with friends, it is normal, but if we or our friends have a bad day, at that time our friendship is tested. Are we able to maintain that friendship? Or is the friendship just because one party just wants to use the other party?


If asked if I had a bad experience with a friendship that ended badly? Whos not? But I will not discuss it too long here. I will discuss it at another time. All of that made me learn that friendship is not built overnight, but by being together day after day. Through shared problems, shared happiness. The pattern is actually almost similar to marriage. When you get married, you will try to maintain a good relationship with your partner and that also applies to friendship, only with different ties and status.

I've also had experiences that made me learn that when I have no one to help me, not even my own family, a friend I didn't expect would be able to help me actually came to help me or a stranger I didn't know helped me without knowing the reason why a stranger it helped me.

All of that taught me a lesson so that I should never judge someone based on first impressions. In the end, time will tell whether that person is worthy of your friendship or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anger Management

Helping Others