Education

 


Education is very important for a person, at least for me. You can get a good job, a great salary and a better life by having a higher education.

But what if in reality everything does not go according to plan we want?

When I was young, I played a lot with my youth. I don't take things seriously and maybe at that time I was just focused on a few things that caused me to miss out on a lot of opportunities that I should have been able to achieve.


Who does not know that education is important? It's just that sometimes while undergoing it, there are many processes and other things that in the end can often make it all delayed. When I was in college, I didn't think seriously, did things the way I wanted and followed the direction of my heart. That caused me to end up dropping out of college and abandoning my dream as a bachelor degree just like that.

I buried the dream because I thought I would never be able to do that again because it turned out that the direction of my life was leading me to other things that actually demanded my focus.


Years after that I never thought about it again, busy with my daily routine. In those years I really never thought about pursuing my studies again because I thought I was too old to do that.

What's the point of me doing that? Wouldn't it be too late if I wanted to pursue that again?

Time flies and these past few years, I suddenly realized that I have a lot of free time. I just do things that I find boring, useless and in the end I think that all these things can make me unproductive and will make me overthink about anything.

I'm starting to figure that the more free time I have, the more it can affect my emotions. If I just spend time having fun, think of it as hanging out with my friends, spending money on useless things, even though I'm still responsible for all the duties that I do have but in the end I only use my free time to do useless things .

All of that in the end made me dissatisfied with my own life. I feel like I'm not getting any achievements for my own life.

At one point, I got enlightened by having the thought what if I continued my studies again? What if I can still do it?

At first I still thought it was all a dream. The thing that worries me the most is because I feel I am old and am I still able to do that?

As a volunteer, I talk to a lot of people, give support and encouragement to them, listen to them, their stories, their experiences and sometimes we also discuss random things.

Until when I shared with several people my worries about it, some of them actually had thoughts that I didn't expect. They told me that there was nothing wrong with pursuing my education again and that old age was not a barrier to completing my bachelor's degree.

All of these things made me think again and again, maybe they were right that in fact I was still capable of doing it and I was still able to make it all come true.

I started again trying to follow some online courses that I can find on google. I went through that for a few months and decided to look for information about online colleges in my country. I was lucky because the pandemic caused several campuses make an offer for people to study online until graduation. I looked for some additional considerations and it took me several months to think about it carefully until I decided to apply to a college that I thought was a good fit for me.

I contacted my old college and I was lucky they were still willing to help me get my transcripts out so I could transfer some of my grades to the new campus. I am grateful that this new campus helped me a lot, they made it easy for me to do all things related to my studies and having them as my support and encouragement made me not want to give up on all of this.

Now I am currently in college to pursue my dream so that it can become a reality. Finished my bachelor's degree.

At first I was worried that I would meet a lot of people who were much younger than me and maybe they would look down on me because I was old. But in reality after I started all that, everything was not as scary as I had imagined. Many people like me are also pursuing their education and they have their own reasons why they do that. Gradually I became less tense and I began to be able to adjust myself to this new situation.

To this day there are still many people who doubt me by thinking this is another one of my follies, chasing something that might make me fail and stopping in the middle again the same as before. This time I'm not in the phase of my youth anymore. I am growing older, I have had many life experiences and many failures in life that I have had been through.

Only time will show to them whether this time I failed again or if this dream will come true.

But I believe that the effort will pay off. I also believe in never giving up even though I often fall many times and end up failing many times. As long as I still have faith and what I do is good, maybe God will help me to reach my dreams that never came true and can make some of those dreams come true.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anger Management

Helping Others

Friendship. Necessary or not ?